We Welcome Your Submissions
Please read carefully to be considered:
Submissions to Global Light Minds Writers Community : Attention Editor @ email@example.com
Global Light Minds is a place for community–where people come together to share what they’ve learned and how they apply that knowledge to their daily lives.
With social media friends (on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+), Global Light Minds reaches a large audience of motivated, passionate people.
Over the past three years, the site has grown by leaps and bounds, we would welcome you to our community.
If you read the daily inspiration quotes on Twitter or Facebook, and strive to live with purpose, passion, joy, and mindfulness, we would love to hear from you.
Anyone, of any age, from any location can submit an original post (not previously published anywhere online) with a bio for inclusion on the blog. This is not an elite space, reserved for experts, thought leaders, or professional bloggers. This is a blog for real people who are willing to share themselves vulnerably and authentically.
Why Contribute to Global Light Minds?
1. Your post will receive broad exposure, promoted to more than one million friends on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+ combined.
2. The Global Light Minds community is highly responsive through comments on the site and the social networking pages, creating a rewarding experience all around.
3. Every post includes a bio with links back to your site. Most contributors note that featuring their writing on Global Light Minds increases traffic and subscribers to their blog
4. As a Global Light Minds contributor, you can update your bio at any time to promote products you may be launching.
- Include a Inspirational quote at the top of your post and keep your post between 700-1,200 words.
- Share a specific story from your life, connected to that idea. It’s far more powerful to share your own experiences and then offer related tips than it is to write about the topic theoretically, with a sense of authority or removal.
- Offer practical information that will help readers address similar challenges. It doesn’t need to be a list of tips, but it needs to come back to the readers somehow.
- Choose a topic related to personal growth that isn’t gender-specific, and not related to religion, the law of attraction, productivity, money, or parenting. I look for posts that deal with universal themes that will be relevant to the majority of readers. If you take a look through some of the blog archives, you’ll get a sense for the type of posts I publish.
- Provide original, personal, and honest work. Original means your post has never before been published anywhere, including your own blog, and does not include any sections taken from a previously published post. Please note that I do not publish excerpts from books.
- Differentiate your post from others already on the site. Many posts cover similar ideas, and that’s perfectly okay! If you share your own story and unique reflections, this will likely be sufficient to diversify it.
- Reserve self promotion to your bio (as opposed to marketing a business, course, workshop, or service directly in the post). Please note that I may delete links within the posts themselves.
How to Submit:
- Send your post in Microsoft Word, keeping paragraphs to 3 sentences or less. Include a bio, 50 words or less, at the bottom of the post.
- Upload a photo of yourself (if you’d like a photo to show next to your bio). Also, please include in your email the email address you used for that site.
- Use the contact form to upload your post, choosing “blog submission” from the drop-down menu.
Please note that I do not accept posts sent from agents, publicists, or assistants. I like to connect directly with everyone who writes for the site!
As of July 1st, I will begin accepting posts on a rolling basis–meaning you can submit at any time. Due to the increasing number of posts I receive, I’ve decided to make my life easier by not responding to any submissions that do not comply with these guidelines.
I will do my best to respond to everyone else who submits, but it may be up to one month before you receive a response from me.
If accepted, it could be up to three months before your post appears on the site (as I only publish two posts per day). Also, I may send your post back with questions/comments to expand in parts, and I may edit it/change the title before publishing on the site.
Thank you for the light you share. I appreciate you!